Updating of the master plan for the environmental protection and power saving of the city of Dobric
||Update the master plan of the water distribution system focusing on reduction of water losses. Master plan of the implementation of an effectiveness waste water system aimed at reducing electric energy consumption and producing biogas in the city of Dobric.
|Sectorial Topic (Note):
||Sustainable land use management, including water, soil and vegetation in affected areas
||Ministry for Environment and Territory (Italy); Ministry for the Regional Development and Public Works (Bulgaria); AMGA Azienda Multiservizi S.p.A. Udine (Italy) in association with V & K Vodovodi & Kanalisazia and the City of Dobric.(Bulgaria)
||Pilot study aimed at reducing leakage in the water distribution network and users’ demand. Master Plan for upgrading waste water facilities in compliance with EU environmental requirements.
|Means of Implementation:
||Projects total costs: 1.000.000,00 euro
Italian Ministry for the Environment and Territory’s financial contribution: 500.000,00 euro
Project activities will be jointly carried out by Italian and Bulgarian Staff on the basis of a participatory process. The City of Dobric and V & K will contribute to the project by making available work force and needed equipment. AMGA will provide the local partners with technical and management Know-how to optimise the performance of the water distribution network, using the best available technologies for leakage reduction. In addition, AMGA will supply hardware and software equipment as well as specific instruments for leakage control. Substantial resources will be dedicated to capacity building and training of the local Staff. The Italian experts will ensure Know-how transfer to the Bulgarian technicians through targeted training. The programme will be carried out by means of courses held in class and “on the job” training.
||Bulgaria - City and province of Dobric
||1. Reduced management and operation costs;
2. Production of biogas deriving from the anaerobic digestion;
3. Decreased capital expenditures;
4. Reduced costs for power consumption;
5. CO2 emission reduction by 30%;
6. Prepare the financial report and the economic financial model to set the procedures for access to the international funding required for the execution of the overall project.
|Relevance to the Plan of Implementation of WSSD:
||This project addresses several priority actions identified in the plan of implementation which are related to the managing of natural resources as a base for sustainable development in particular:
- introducing measures to improve the efficiency of water infrastructure to reduce losses;
- develop integrated water resources management and water efficiency plans by 2005;
- adopting prevention and protection measures to promote sustainable water use and to address water shortages;
||Valeria Clara Rizzo
Italian Ministry for Environment and Territory
Address: via Cristoforo Colombo, 44
Phone: 0039-06- 5722-8106/09